During MindfulnessWorx you will access and cultivate your natural capacity to actively engage in directing your vision, caring for yourself, find greater balance, joy and peace of mind. The programme consists of 8 weekly sessions on Wednesday evening and a 9th return-session.
With 16 hours of real-time group training, audio, reflection and writing exercises to continue your learning process at home, throughout the programme you will be consciously and systematically working with your own challenges and demands of everyday life.
After the training you will discover new levels of energy, ease and motivation to move forward on your desired path.
Have you wondered what meditation and mind/body work can do for you? Are you ready and willing to start your own Inner Worx? Yes? Then sign up and let’s begin!
We will do this by way of:
- guided instruction in mindfulness meditation- and concentration practices
- physical relaxation and stress relief through stretching, breathwork and yoga
- in-depth understanding of mindfulness themes; cultivate patience, values and motivation, how can I deal better with pain and discomfort, how can I calm my mind?
- group dialogue and discussions aimed at enhancing awareness in everyday life
- awareness in your communication style and learning to deal with difficult situations at work or in your private life, i.e. by setting boundaries
- awakening motivation and energy!
- igniting creativity
- theory and knowledge of mindfulness, both Western psychology and Eastern philosophy
- individual attention with regard to your personal enquiry
Dates to be determined. Options: Wednesday evenings, Friday mornings or Saturday afternoons. You can select your preferred time by filling in the waitlist. I’ll do my best to make it work ;)
Location: Voorburgstraat 203, Rotterdam
Language: English and Dutch are both possible, depending on the main group language.
299 euro (incl. vat and service costs. / excl. VAT if your employer covers the bill)
- Incl. 16 real-time training hours, workbook and audio to continue the exercises at home.
The mindfulness course has helped me to sleep better, relieve pain and to get back up on my feet after a knee operation. Also my blood pressure significantly lowered.Ina
What is Mindfulness?
In essence Mindfulness allows you to catch negative thought patterns before they tip you into a downward spiral. It begins the process of putting you back in control of your life.
Mindfulness is a very simple form of meditation that was little known in the West until recently. A typical meditation consists of focussing on each breath and in this way it allows you to observe your thoughts in your mind as they arise and, little by little, to let go of struggling with them. You come to realise that you are not your thoughts. You come to the profound understanding that thoughts and feelings (including negative ones) are transient. They come and they go, and ultimately, you have a choice about whether to act on them or not.
Benefits of Mindfulness?
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction is highly respected within the medical community. Offered as a complement rather than a replacement to traditional medical and psychological treatments, it is proven to be very effective.
Over time, mindfulness brings about long-term changes in mood and levels of happiness and well-being. Scientific studies have shown that mindfulness not only prevents depression, but also positively effects the brain patterns underlying day-to-day anxiety and stress, so that when they arise, they dissolve easily.
Other studies have shown that memory improves, creativity increases and reaction times become faster.
Further proven benefits are:
- Mindful eating, which teaches you to feel what your body needs and also when it’s time to stop, thus prevents the intake of toxic foods and over-eating;
- Reduces chronic pain, as mindfulness increases the body’s natural healing systems;
- Reduces emotional (pain) reactions;
- Increases mood and quality of life in chronic pain conditions such as fibromyalgia and lower back pain;
- Mindfulness improves working memory, creativity, attention span and reaction speeds. It also enhances mental and physical stamina and resilience;
- Meditation improves Emotional Intelligence;
- Mindfulness based cognitive therapy is now one of the preferred treatments recommended by UK’s National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence;
- Mindfulness reduces addictive and self-destructive behaviour, including alcohol and drug intake;
- Meditation enhances brain function. It increases grey matter in areas of the brain associated with self-awareness, empathy, self-control and attention. It soothes the pars of the brain that produces stress hormones and builds those areas that lifts mood and promote learning. Meditation improves the immune system;
- Mindfulness may reduce aging at a cellular level;
- Mindfulness and meditation improve control of blood sugar in type II diabetes;
- Meditation improves heart and circulatory health by reducing blood pressure and lowering the risk of hypertension.
Mindfulness increases bliss and happiness in your life!!
Do I need to be fit and flexibel to join the training?
No, the programme is set up in a way in which the physical aspects, such as yoga and seated meditation for a longer period of time, are suitable and comfortable for all levels. In addition to this, you will learn how to relax the body and gain more mental and physical flexibility as time goes by.
Are there religious elements in the programme?
Despite proven benefits, many people are still a little wary when they hear the word meditation, so before we proceed, it might be helpful to dispel some myths:
- Meditation is not a religion. Mindfulness is simply a method of mental training.
- You do not have to sit cross-legged on the floor (like in popular pictures), but you can if you want to. Most people sit on chairs, but you can practise bringing mindful awareness to whatever you are doing, on buses, trains or while walking to work. You can meditate more or less anywhere.
- Mindfulness practice does not take a lot of time, although patience and persistence are required.
- Meditation is not complicated, nor is it about success or failure. Even when meditation feels difficult, you will have learned something valuable about the workings of the mind and thus benefit psychologically.
Payment and cancellation conditions
The costs of the training are €299,= (including VAT, exluding VAT if the employer covers the bill); the payment is due two weeks before the start of the training.
Payment in 2 instalments is possible. Contact me for more information.
- within 14 days before the training, 20% of the total cost will be charged;
- within 7 days before the training, 40% of the total cost will be charged;
- after commencement of the training, the full fee will be charged.
Have not all of your questions been answered?
Please feel free to drop your queries by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, Facebook Messenger or phone.